In Timely you assign Services to Staff who work certain hours at Locations (i.e., Services <--> Staff <--> Locations). Before your customers can make online bookings you need to set up a few things first. Follow the checklist below to see that you've got everything covered.
- Your services can be booked online.
- Your Staff can be booked online.
- Your locations can be booked online.
- Your staff are rostered hours at a location.
- Your classes are scheduled in the calendar.
Make your services bookable online
- Go to Setup > Services.
- Click Edit next to each service.
- Check the Customers can book this service online? checkbox:
- Click Save to make the service available.
- Repeat for any other required services.
Make your staff bookable online
- Go to Setup > Staff.
- Click Edit next to the staff member.
- Scroll down to the Booking options section.
- Check the Customers can schedule this staff member online? checkbox:
- Click Save to apply your changes.
- Repeat for any other services.
Make your locations bookable online
- o to Setup > Locations.
- Click Edit next to each location.
- Check the Customers can book this location online? checkbox:
- Click Save to apply your settings.
- Repeat for any other locations you want available online.
Roster your staff some available hours
You may have given your staff some hours when you were setting them up but those hours also need to appear on the roster before customers can book them online. You can apply your staff member's normal hours to the roster to make them available.
- Go to Setup > Roster.
- Under the staff member's name, click Set Normal Hours:
- The hours may already be there, if not you can toggle working days on by clicking the day name which will turn green and then add start and end times for each working day
- Click Save to add these to the roster.
- Click Save Roster to update available hours.
Check out our How to roster your staff guide for more information.
Your classes need to be scheduled in the Calendar
Classes work differently from services as they need to be scheduled in the Calendar before your customers will be able to book in to them online.
Check out our Getting started with classes guide for more information.
Classes are no longer available in Timely.
If your account was created after the 1st of September, or you haven’t used classes in your account before then, you will no longer be able to access or use this feature. If you have already have classes in your account, you will be able to continue using them.