TimelyPay is Timely’s own payment solution that allows you to sign up easily, take payments from clients through online bookings, manage invoices, sell gift vouchers, and get paid quickly!!
TimelyPay is currently only available to customers based in: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and United Kingdom.
If TimelyPay is not available in your country, you can express your interest by emailing [email protected].
In this guide we will look at:
- What costs/fees are involved
- When the money is paid out
- Where can I find my payout information in Timely
- Where can I find my TimelyPay balance summary in Timely? (AU only)
What are the costs involved? Are there any fees?
If you're on our Build, Elevate or Innovate plans, then there is no additional cost for using this feature apart from the processing fees. The initial processing fees will be:
- Australia: 1.75% + AU$0.30 per transaction for domestic cards and 2.9% + AU$0.30 per transaction for international cards
- Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain: 1.95% + € 0.25 per transaction for European cards and 2.9% + € 0.25 per transaction for non-European cards
- Bulgaria: 1.95% + ЛВ0.50 per transaction for European cards and 2.9% + ЛВ0.50 per transaction for non-European cards
- Czech Republic: 1.95% + 6.50Kč per transaction for European cards and 2.9% + 6.50Kč per transaction for non-European cards
- Denmark: 1.95% + 1.80kr per transaction for European cards and 2.9% + 1.80kr per transaction for non-European cards
- Hungary: 1.95% + 85Ft per transaction for European cards and 2.9% + 85Ft per transaction for non-European cards
- New Zealand: 2.9% + NZ$0.30 per transaction
- Norway: 2.4% + 2kr per transaction for Norwegian cards and 2.9% + 2kr per transaction for international cards
- Poland: 1.95% + 1zł per transaction for European cards and 2.9% + 1zł per transaction for non-European cards
- Romania: 1.95% + 1LEU per transaction for European cards and 2.9% + 1LEU per transaction for non-European cards
- Sweden: 1.95% + 1.80kr per transaction for European cards and 2.9% + 1.80kr per transaction for non-European cards
- Switzerland: 2.9% + CHF0.30 per successful card charge
- United Kingdom: 1.95% + 20p per transaction for European cards and 2.9% + 20p per transaction for non-European cards.
European cards are aligned with countries under the Single Euro Payments Area.
How do I withdraw payments from TimelyPay
Note: Your first payout can take up to 7 days to process.
By default, TimelyPay will automatically pay out settled payments (i.e. less processing / application fees) to your nominated bank account every Monday. The payouts will contain payments processed over the past week Monday to Sunday.
Here is an example of weekly payouts:
If daily or monthly payouts suit you better than weekly, you can change your payout schedule on the TimelyPay page.
The daily payouts will be paid out on the next business day, with three payouts for Friday, Saturday and Sunday being paid out on Monday if you're in Australia or New Zealand. If your business operates in United Kingdom or any other European country, the payouts for Saturday, Sunday and Monday will be paid out on Tuesday.
Here is an example of daily payouts in Australia and New Zealand:
Please be aware that your very first TimelyPay payout will be delayed for security reasons. Customers in Australia will receive it 2 business days after the payments have been taken; customers in New Zealand - 4 business days later, customers in the UK and European countries - 7 days later. All the subsequent payouts will be paid on the next business day.
Please be aware these images are a rough guide only. Actual days when the money will be in your bank can depend on your bank and public holidays. If you have any questions about a specific payout or payment please email [email protected]
Where can I find my payout information in Timely
You can find all your payments information on the "TimelyPay" page in the "Setup" menu
If you click Edit on Payout Schedule, you will be able to change your payout schedule.
The available options are “Daily”, “Weekly”, and “Monthly”. For "Weekly" you can choose a day of week to be paid out, for "Monthly" - a day of month.
If you click on TimelyPay transaction report you will be able to see all the TimelyPay transactions either over a specific time period or a specific payout.
If you would like to review your payouts, click "Stripe Account Details." You will be taken to your TimelyPay payouts page where you can see money on the way, expected by date and the account that it will be paid into. You will also be able to see all Earnings and money not paid out yet.
Where can I find my TimelyPay balance summary in Timely? (AU only)
If you're running your business in Australia, you may want to claim on your TimelyPay fees in order to get a tax return. You can download your TimelyPay balance summary report that includes all the TimelyPay fees you've paid over the past financial year from the TimelyPay page and then submit it to the Australian Taxation Office.
For more information on TimelyPay see our FAQs guide