How to track and report on packages
Once packages have been created, sold and redeemed - the final step is to track sessions and reporting.
In this guide, we will cover how to track package usage for individual customers, as well as report on package sales and redemptions.
Can’t see Packages in your account? Packages are a great way to presell services and classes to customers and conveniently track their progress. They are available on our Schedule and Sell plan.
To upgrade to this plan, check out our How to change your Timely plan guide.
Tracking package (session) use
You can view the details of any packages issued to a customer, which includes how many visits have been used and how many are still available.
This can be seen in the Customers tab, as well as in the Calendar sidebar:
From the Customers tab
- Head to the Customers tab and search for a specific customer.
- Select the Packages tab in the Customer's record.
- Click the View usage link for the relevant package to get a quick overview of visits:
- Click the Name of the package to bring up the main package details. From here you can select the Activity tab to see a detailed history of any package activity:
From the Calendar
To view the Customer's package(s) in the sidebar:
- Click on the appointment in the Calendar.
- Click on their name to open the customer in the Calendar sidebar
- Alternatively, you can toggle the sidebar open and search for the customer (click the [Space] bar to toggle this open):
- You can then scroll down to the Packages section to view any existing packages for that customer:
Reporting on Packages
There are two specific package related reports that help you to track package redemptions, as well as how many cstomers have been using, or are still to use, packages. There is also a package summary in the Sales report.
Accessed from the Financial reports, it shows summarised redemption information broken down by staff member, location and package:
Customer package details
This report is found under the Customers category and shows a breakdown of individual customer package use:
This Financial report includes a package total under the Sales by staff member section: