How to add a new appointment [Video]
Check out our Getting Started with Appointments video for a step-by-step guide for adding your first appointment in Timely!
Prefer written instructions? Check out our easy-to-follow steps below!
How to add a new appointment
- Select the Calendar tab from the main menu.
- Click a desired slot on the calendar or the [+] button (in the top left-hand corner) to add a new appointment:
- To add a Class or Busy time click directly on the Calendar on the desired time slot.
- Add the customer to the appointment. You can search for an existing customer using any of the existing fields (Name, Company name, Telephone, SMS Number, Email). Timely will bring up a list of existing customers to choose from:
- Choose the customer from the search options and we'll add the details to the appointment:
- For a new customer just complete the remaining details to add them to the appointment and create a new customer record for them.
- Next up, click the field next to Service 1 to choose a service from the list:
- Adjust the service defaults (Staff, Time, Duration and Price), if desired.
- Finally, set the booking status of the appointment to "Pencilled in" or "Confirmed":
- Click Save to add the booking to the calendar.
Note: You can set the default Booking status for a new appointment, to be either Pencilled in or Confirmed under Setup > Calendar settings > Appointment settings > Initial status for new appointments.