How to redeem gift vouchers
Redeeming gift vouchers for appointments is easy, and can be done when invoicing the customer or when the customer books online.
- Redeeming a gift voucher on an invoice
- Redeeming a gift voucher online (customers)
- Redeeming the rest of a gift voucher
Redeeming a gift voucher on an invoice
Make sure you've got the voucher code on hand (find it on the printed out gift voucher).
- Click the appointment and click Raise Sale.
- Once the sale is open, click the little Gift Voucher icon:
- Enter the code into the Gift voucher code box and click the search button.
- The amount remaining on that gift voucher will appear. Click Apply gift voucher:
- This will deduct the amount from the sale total. Click Save. If there is any outstanding balance you can apply a payment for that, or just hit Save again.
Redeeming gift vouchers online
Your customers can redeem a gift voucher when making a booking online. You'll need to make sure you have:
Here's what your customers will see when they get to the online payment screen:
Once they've entered the gift voucher code and clicked ' Apply' their booking will either be paid for and ready to Confirm,
or they will have a remaining balance to pay:
An invoice will automatically be created in Timely for the appointment highlighting it has been paid (or partially paid) for with a gift voucher. Easy eh!
Redeeming the rest of a voucher
If the customer has already paid for the deposit, or some of the invoice, via a Gift Voucher and wants to redeem the rest of the voucher against the same invoice, then the process is a little different.
You won't be able to redeem the same voucher code against the same invoice, multiple times. So instead, we adjust the value of the existing redemption:
- Open/view the invoice.
- Click Edit in the bottom left corner.
- Next to the existing Gift Voucher invoice line, update the Total to the full voucher amount that you wish to redeem e.g. from -10.00 to -50.00:
- Click Save to apply and update the invoice.