Products can be sold to a customer by adding them to an invoice. You can sell them as part of an appointment sale, on their own, or with other packages and products.
Timely will make sure there is enough stock available to complete the transaction and once the sale is completed, the stock level will be automatically adjusted to account for that sale.
This guide we'll cover how to:
This feature may not be available on your current plan. Find out how to upgrade in our How to change your Timely plan guide.
Add products to an appointment sale
Most products will be sold in conjunction with an appointment being paid for (i.e., a customer or client is about to pay for their appointment).
- Click the appointment on the calendar and choose Raise sale:
- Click the Product tab to add a product to the invoice:
- Search for the product you'd like to add to the invoice using the field provided or scroll through the list of products
- The Staff field determines which staff member is assigned this sale in the reporting. You can assign this for the entire sale, or by item.
- To sell more than one of that product, click on the product to update the Quantity field.
- Click on the products to add further products to the sale
- Click Checkout to complete the sale.
If the customer purchased a product on their last sale, this will be shown in the bottom-left corner of the sale:
Sell products on their own
Products can be sold directly to a client, even if they haven't had an appointment with you.
- Click the sale tag icon in the top-left corner of the main menu. The sale button can be seen and used from any page in Timely.
- Search for an existing customer, or add a new customer and choose products from the tabs
- In the search box start typing the product's name or SKU (e.g. barcode) to view any related products:
- Click on the product to add it to the sale.
- Click checkout when you're ready to complete the sale.
Need to return or refund a product? Check out our How to issue a refund guide.