How to add locations
One of the first things to set up on your Timely account is a location for your business.
Locations can be either Fixed (customers come to you), or Mobile (you go to your customers), and you can have as many locations as you'd like! Locations can't be re-ordered, so make sure to add locations in the order you would like them to appear.
In this guide we'll cover how to:
Add a new location
- Head to Setup > Locations and click the Add location button to add your location:
- Add a suitable name for this location - this will be visible to customers:
- Choose a location type (Fixed for standard addresses and Mobile for client specified addresses).
- Check the Customers can book this location online checkbox if this location can be booked online:
- Add a phone number (if required) and add the address (for fixed locations).
- If adding a mobile location and customers need to add an appointment address when they book, click the Appointments require an address from the customer checkbox:
- Click Save to apply, or continue to add the location's hours.
Note: If your business has only one staff member, or you don't have your mini-website active, then your opening hours are set by the Normal Working Hours of the staff member. In either of these situations, the Hours section won't show up when creating/editing a location.
Set your location's hours
Your locations will automatically show up on your Timely mini-website, along with their opening hours and a handy Google map showing clients how to get there.
By default, the location will be saved with the opening hours of Monday to Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
You can change these to reflect your actual business hours:
- Edit your new location by heading to Setup > Locations and clicking the Edit button:
- Go to the Hours section and check the days that your location is open:
- For each day, adjust the start and end times accordingly.
- Click Save to apply your changes.
Finally, to book locations or see them on the calendar, make sure at least one staff is assigned hours at this location (head to Setup > Staff).
Note: While you can set Hours for a location, these are mostly for display on the mini website. To control your availability/when customers can book in online, you will need to adjust the roster or normal working hours for working staff.
Edit an existing location
If you want to make any changes to an existing location, like updating the hours or the address details, this can be done at any time.
Locations can't be re-ordered, so make sure to add locations in the order you would like them to appear.
- Head to Setup > Locations from the main menu.
- Click Edit next to the location:
- Make any changes as required.
- Click Save to apply.
Note: If you update the location's address, the updated details will be included in any future customer notifications/reminders. However, this won't automatically notify customers that your location address has changed.