How to set up Google calendar two-way sync
Follow these steps to get Google calendar two-way sync working in your account:
Remove your one-way sync
If you already have a one-way calendar sync subscription pushing your Timely appointments to your Google Calendar, you'll need to remove the subscription from your Google Calendar before setting up your two-way sync. To do this you'll need to:
- Head to Google Calendar.
- Click the gear icon at the top of any Calendar page and click Settings.
- Click Calendars at the top of the page.
- Click Unsubscribe next to the calendar you want to remove. This will remove the calendar from your list.
Set up the two-way sync
- On Timely, go to Setup > Add ons.
- Click Activate next to Google Calendar:
- Click the Setup Google Calendar button:
Connect the staff calendars
- When the page has reloaded you will see a list of your staff shown:
- Select each staff member you wish to connect with a Google calendar and click on their name. You can also get here by going to Setup > Staff and clicking Edit next to the staff member.
- This will take you to the Edit staff page:
- Scroll down to the Calendar sync section at the bottom of the page:
- Make sure the Two Way option is checked in the Calendar sync section and click Save:
- Click OK when prompted. You will be redirected to Google and asked to login and authorise access your Google Calendar data:
- Click Allow to authorize Timely to access your Google Calendar:
You will be returned back to the Edit staff page to complete the process.
Select the Google Calendar you want to sync with from the drop down list and default location for any events imported from your Google calendar then click Save:
- Your Timely and Google calendars are now being synchronised for the first time which may take a few minutes to complete.
- Only events where you are set to 'Busy' will be synced back to Timely. All Day events are automatically set to "Available".
- Timely does not support events with a duration of greater than 24 hours.
- You can only connect a staff member to one Google Calendar. However, you can connect more than one staff member to the same Google Calendar.
- When a Timely appointment is deleted in your Google Calendar, or moved from the connected calendar to another calendar, it will also be cancelled in Timely. If you have customer notifications enabled, this will notify the customer.
- In order to limit the amount of data we need to transfer between Google and Timely, we only sync future events between Google and Timely Calendars.