Note: Our Vend integration is now closed to new users. Only legacy users may continue to use the integration.
We've put together answers to some commonly asked questions. If you don't see your question below, reach out to the Timely team and we'll be happy to help!
- Can I view my sales in Timely?
- Can I import my customers from Vend?
- I've deleted a Timely product in Vend, how do I get it back?
- My sales are not opening or loading properly in Vend
- When I create sales the wrong sale is loading or the customer isn't linked to the sale.
- I use Xero too - how do I integrate this with Timely and Vend?
- Can I stop appointment information from appearing on the Vend receipt?
Can I view my sales in Timely?
If you have raised invoices in Timely, prior to connecting to Vend, then these will still be available in the customer's record and in the reporting.
However, when Vend is connected to Timely, Vend will be your primary record of sale. This means that all your invoices and transactions are stored in Vend instead.
You will be able to see a summary of your Vend sales in Timely, in the Sales tab. You can use the links to open the sale in Vend:
Note: If Vend is disconnected at any point, you will no longer be able to see the sales information from Vend, in Timely. We usually recommend exporting a copy of your sales information from Vend directly, in the event the connection is removed.
Can I import my customers from Vend?
Yes! Once you've connected the two systems, you will be given the option to Import customers from Vend, or Export customers from Timely.
If you have no customers in either system, then you can import customers by into either system:
If you import customers in bulk once the two are connected, customers will automatically be added to the other system. In this situation, clicking the Import/export customers options would result in duplicates.
- Head to Setup in the main menu and select Add ons from the options.
- Scroll down to the Vend section and click Configure:
- You'll see the option to Import customers or Export customers:
- Click whichever is appropriate. Your customers will start syncing between the two systems.
I've deleted a Timely product in Vend, how do I get it back?
Before you can use that product again, you will need to reactivate the product in Vend:
- In Vend, go to the Products tab:
- Go to the Inactive products tab:
- Find the deleted Timely product in the list. Click the grey slider in the right-hand column to restore the inactive product:
- The product will be moved from the Inactive list to the Active list.
My sales are not opening or loading properly in Vend
If your sales are not opening and the message "Loading sale" or "Updating your offline data" is stuck on the screen, it may be an issue with your browser.
Using Timely and Vend together works best when using Google Chrome as your browser. You can also use Safari, but you'll need to disable Block Cookies for it to work. You can do this by:
- iPad/iPhone: Go to Settings > Safari > Block Cookies > Never
- Mac OS/Windows: Go to Preferences Privacy Block Cookies change the setting to Never
If you're still experiencing issues, clear the history, cookies and site data (cache) in your web browser and try opening the sale again. In Google Chrome, you can do this by hitting CTRL-H and clicking Clear browser data.
When I create sales in Vend the incorrect sale is loading or the customer isn't linked to the sale
This problem can usually be resolved by following these steps:
- You will need to Park the sale in Vend.
- Close the sale by clicking the "x" in the top right corner, to return to Timely.
- Click Take payment on the appointment again, this will open the details correctly.
- If that doesn't work then delete the history, cookies and site data in your browser.
In Google Chrome you can do this by hitting CTRL-H and then clicking Clear browser data.
I use Xero too - how do I integrate this with Timely and Vend?
You'll need to connect Xero to Vend, rather than Timely, to manage your finances. Check out this guide from Vend for more information.
If you have connected Timely to Xero already, you'll need to disconnect Xero before integrating with Vend.
Can I hide appointment information on my receipts?
If you'd prefer not to show the client's appointment details on their receipt, then you can prevent those appointment notes from showing.
- In Vend, go to Setup > Outlets and Registers.
- Click Edit next to the register name:
- Then check "No" next to Print note on receipt: