- Reporting on package sales
- Viewing liabilities/purchases by staff and package
- Viewing liabilities by client
- Viewing individual client's package activity
Reporting on package sales
Package revenue is recognised on redemption of a package and not on purchase. Unlike selling stock or services, which become revenue when transactions are completed, package sales become liabilities. This is because the transaction is not completed until the client receives the service/product they paid for.
In the Summary section of the Sales report, you'll see new package sales, redemption and expiries reflected as below:
Note. Package tax is accounted for on package purchase and will be shown in total tax and gross tax sale figures above, while the rest of the package is counted as a liability.
On the sales report, you can view the value of redeemed package services and can filter the sales report by staff to see the total per staff.
Note. Tax is already accounted for on purchase, and will not be counted again in the redemptions. However, a Gross amount with the equivalent tax is shown as a reference.
Viewing liabilities/purchases by staff and package
Package activity report
Under the Reports page, this report shows summarised redemption information broken down by staff member, location and package. It also displays the remaining liability:
Find out your outstanding package liability
See the value of packages sold by a staff member
See your packages tax liability
See the value of packages expired
See the value of packages redeemed
The columns show the following values:
- Existing liability: The liability balance at the start of the reported period
- Purchased: The value of packages purchased during the period (increases liability)
- #: The number of packages purchased during the period
- Tax: The amount of tax for packages sold during the period
- Expired: The value of packages that have expired during the period (decreases liability)
- Redeemed: The value of packages that were redeemed during the period (decreases liability)
- Remaining liability: The liability remaining for issued packages
Viewing liabilities by client
Customer packages report
- All packages per customer incl. the detail of status, expiry date, payment status, and price.
- All services per package incl. the detail of the number of available and redeemed services and the remaining liability.
Viewing individual client package activity
Navigate to the Customers page, and press on the "Packages" tab underneath a selected client.
Click on individual packages to view the invoice, activity history, or change the validity.