Simplify your day-to-day stock tasks and see your inventory at a glance with the Timely Stock app. The app is currently available for iOS devices and works best with an iPhone.
The Timely stock app is available for Timely customers on our Build, Elevate and Innovate plans. Customers on the Basic plan and guest users can use Timely Stock but will be limited to just 50 products, and will not be able to sync their data with Timely.
In this guide we’ll explain:
- How the Timely Stock app works for customers on Build, Elevate & Innovate plans
- How the Timely stock app works for customers on a Basic plan
- How the Timely stock app works for non Timely customers
- How to use Timely Stock
1. How the Timely stock app works for customers on Build, Elevate & Innovate plans
Timely’s Build, Elevate and Innovate customers can login to the Timely Stock app with your personal login, provided your Timely access includes stock permissions. You will need both ‘view’ and ‘edit’ access to make use of all the features inTimely Stock.
Any updates to stock levels made in the Timely Stock app will automatically sync to your Timely account, so make sure you're happy with who in your team has stock permissions.
Helpguide: How to restrict staff access - stock
2. How the Timely stock app works for customers on a Basic plan
Timely's Basic plan does not include stock management features. However, if you are on the Basic plan you can still login to the Timely Stock app and use it to manage your retail and professional stock. You will be limited to 50 products and your data will not sync to your Timely account – it will be saved locally on your device.
To get the full functionality of the Timely Stock app you’ll need to upgrade to a Build, Elevate or Innovate plan.
3. How the Timely stock app works for non-Timely customers
If you’re not a Timely customer, select ‘Use as guest’ option on the app landing page and fill in your details to get free access to the app. You’ll be able to manage up to 50 products and all product data will be stored locally to your device.
4. How to use Timely Stock
Note: All syncing features are only available to Timely customers on the Build, Elevate & Innovate plans
When you log in, this is what you will see. Down the bottom there is a menu with three options:
Scanner - This is where you can scan your products using your phone’s camera
Products - Your list of products
Settings - Where you can adjust the app settings and log out
A. Selecting the right location in Timely Stock
The Timely Stock app works for one location at a time. Change the location of the app by clicking on Settings and Location.
B. How to scan a barcode with the Timely Stock app
The Timely Stock app turns your device into a scanner. Simply select ‘Scanner’ at the bottom of the screen and your camera will turn on – you may need to grant the app permission to use your camera the first time you do this.
Use the camera to scan any standard barcode. If the product barcode is already saved in Timely, the scan will load the product details.
From here, you can see the stock levels for that product in all your business locations and update the stock levels for your current location.
Select 'Details' at the top of the screen to view all other product details such as retail price, cost price, alert levels, and tax. You can edit these directly by tapping the 'edit' button on the top right corner.
C. How to create or link a product using the scanner
If the barcode of the product you're scanning isn’t saved in Timely, you’ll be able to ‘Create product’, ‘Link barcode’, or ‘Cancel’.
- Create product: If it’s not already listed in Timely, you can create a new product. A form will open for you to enter all the product information. The barcode field will be pre-populated.
- Link barcode: If the scanned product already exists in Timely but doesn't have a barcode added, you can select 'Link barcode.' This will open a search bar where you can look for the product by typing the name. When you select the product, the barcode number will be added to its Timely record.
D. How to scan multiple products for a bulk update
Scan multiple products to add or remove from the current stock levels. This is useful when you’re emptying a used product bin or receiving a stock order.
- Click on the +/- icon in the top right corner
- In ‘Bulk adjustment setup' select whether the update is to retail or professional products. Select either decrease or increase stock levels and select the reason for the adjustment from the list provided.
- Scan each product to add a single unit to the list. If the same product is scanned again, the count will increase by one unit. If the product doesn't have a barcode you can search the product by name.
- When your list is complete, click 'done.' Your update will sync to Timely and your stock levels will be updated.
E. Create a product without a barcode
- Click on the '+' icon on the top right corner
- When 'Creating product' opens, fill in the product details and click 'save'.
F. How to search, filter and sort product lists by name
In the ‘Products’ tab, you can see your inventory listed out, including current stock levels. Use the search bar at the top to find a particular product or click on any product to view and update its information.
You can use the filters in the top right corner to filter products by retail, professional, low and out of stock statuses, or sort products by current stock level.