How to track and report on packages
Once packages have been created, sold and redeemed - the final step is to track sessions and reporting.
In this guide, we will cover how to:
This feature may not be available on your current plan. Find out how to upgrade in our How to change your Timely plan guide.
- Head to the Customers tab and search for a specific customer.
- Select the Packages tab in the Customer's record.
- Click the View usage link for the relevant package to get a quick overview of visits:
- Click the Name of the package to bring up the main package details. From here you can select the Activity tab to see a detailed history of any package activity:
- Click on the appointment in the Calendar.
- Click on their name to open the customer in the Calendar sidebar
- Alternatively, you can toggle the sidebar open and search for the customer (click the [Space] bar to toggle this open):
- You can then scroll down to the Packages section to view any existing packages for that customer:
Track package use
You can view the details of any packages issued to a customer, which includes how many visits have been used and how many are still available.
This can be seen in the Customers tab, as well as in the Calendar sidebar:
From the Customers tab
From the Calendar
To view the Customer's package(s) in the sidebar:
Report on Packages
There are two specific package related reports that help you to track package redemptions, as well as how many cstomers have been using, or are still to use, packages. There is also a package summary in the Sales report.
Accessed from the Financial reports, it shows summarised redemption information broken down by staff member, location and package:
Customer package details
This report is found under the Customers category and shows a breakdown of individual customer package use:
This Financial report includes a package total under the Sales by staff member section:
Find out your outstanding package value
If you need to find out what the value of your unredeemed packages is, you can run the Customer package details report. This report includes an 'Outstanding value' column. This column shows the outstanding value by multiplying the number of available visits by the price of the service included. For multi-service packages, you'll see each line is split out:
The Outstanding value column will show for most packages, but there are a few scenarios where you may see a '-' instead of a value. These include:
- If the package is for 'Any service'
- If the service price is set to 'Varies'
- If the service has no price set or is set to 'Free'
- If the service is deleted
- If the package is set up for hours or minutes (i.e. not 'visits')