How to redeem gift vouchers
If you're redeeming a gift voucher, chances are you've just pampered one of your client's friends or family members, and therefore growing your client base- that's awesome!
Redeeming gift vouchers for appointments is easy, and can be done when invoicing the customer or when the customer books online.
- Redeeming a gift voucher on an invoice
- Redeeming a gift voucher online (customers)
- Redeeming the rest of a gift voucher
This feature may not be available on your current plan. Find out how to upgrade in our How to change your Timely plan guide.
Redeeming a gift voucher on an invoice Make sure you've got the voucher code on hand (find it on the printed out gift voucher).
- Click the appointment and click Raise Sale.
- Once the sale is open, click the little Gift Voucher icon:
- Enter the code into the Gift voucher code box and click the search button.
- The amount remaining on that gift voucher will appear. Click Apply gift voucher:
- This will deduct the amount from the sale total. Click Save. If there is any outstanding balance you can apply a payment for that, or just hit Save again.
Redeeming gift vouchers online
Here's what your customers will see when they get to the online payment screen:
Once they've entered the gift voucher code and clicked Apply their booking will either be:
- Paid for and ready to Confirm:
- Have a remaining balance to Pay now:
A sale will automatically be created in Timely for the appointment highlighting it has been paid (or partially paid) for with a gift voucher. Easy eh!
Redeeming the rest of a voucher If the customer has already paid for the deposit, or some of the invoice, via a Gift Voucher and wants to redeem the rest of the voucher against the same invoice, then the process is a little different.
- Open/view the invoice.
- Click Edit in the bottom left corner.
- Next to the existing Gift Voucher invoice line, update the Total to the full voucher amount that you wish to redeem e.g. from -10.00 to -50.00:
- Click Save to apply and update the invoice.
You won't be able to redeem the same voucher code against the same invoice, multiple times. So instead, we adjust the value of the existing redemption: