Take payments with Smartpay
Note: To make sure you get the very best app experience, you'll need to have the latest version of IOS installed on your phone.
Important Note: Only available in New Zealand.
Connect Smartpay to your Timely account to streamline your payment process and reduce handling errors.
In this guide we'll cover how to connect Smartpay to your iPad/iPhone and process payments from your Timely account:
- Enable Smartpay integration.
- Pair your Smartpay terminal with Timely.
- Process a payment with Smartpay.
- Refund a Smartpay payment.
Enable Smartpay integration
- Login to the Timely desktop site: https://app.gettimely.com/
- Head to Setup > Sales settings from the main menu:
- Scroll down to the iOS app integrations section:
- Check the box next to Allow iPad and iPhone app to pair with a Smartpay payment terminal.
- Click Save to apply.
Pair Smartpay with your iOS device Before you can process payments, you will need to pair your Smartpay terminal to your Timely iOS app.
- Open the Timely iOS app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Go to the Settings page:
- Tap Payment types from the Settings page:
- Tap SmartPay from the options:
- A window will pop up that will ask you to enter the Pairing code that's displayed on the terminal:
- Tap Pair to connect:
- The screen with then show up with a Status of Paired. Tap Done to close and return to the settings page.
Process a payment with Smartpay Now that you've connected Smartpay, you will be able to select this as a payment type when raising a sale.
- Raise a sale as you would normally (Find out more).
- Tap Pay to open up the payment options:
- Tap Smartpay from the options:
- You will see a screen that pops up with the total:
- The total will then be sent to your terminal, where you can process the payment using the client's card:
- Once the payment has been successfully processed via Smartpay, the sale will show as Accepted in Timely:
- If the payment is declined or cancelled, this will show up as Cancelled in Timely:
- Tap Save once the payment is applied, then Done to complete the process.
Refund a Smartpay payment If you need to refund a customer's payment at any point, that was processed via Smartpay, this can be done on the Smartpay terminal directly.
- On the terminal, press the power button in the bottom left corner.
- Press (1) to go to the Eftpos functions.
- Select Refund (4) from the options.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to process the refund.
Process the refund on the Smartpay terminal
Note: Integrated refunds are coming to Timely soon.
This will allow refunds to be processed through the Timely iPad/iPhone app and directly to the terminal without having to complete the manual steps outlined in this guide.
In the meantime, you will need to Delete the payment in Timely to remove this from the sale.