How to report on cash ups
If you're using the cash management feature in Timely, it's important to keep an eye on reports around your cashflow. Choose from two cash up reports:
Cash up report
The Cash up report shows all your daily cash ups performed for the reported time period. Each cash up will appear on a separate page, and breaks down the Expected and Actual amounts, as well as any Differences. You'll also see how much cash was banked, and what was left in the till at the end of the day.
Cash up summary (preview)
The Cash up summary report is currently in preview. If you'd like to provide feedback on the report, drop us a line.
The Cash up summary report is designed to give you a summary view of your cash up figures over the reported period. This helps you track any discrepancies, and get an overall view of your cash management.
What does each column show?
- Opening: This column shows the opening cash amount for the beginning of the reported period
- Sales: This column shows the total payments received for that register during the reported period
- Refunds: This column shows the total of any refunds paid against that register during the reported period
- Petty cash: This column shows the total adjustments made for petty cash during the reported period
- Banked: This column shows the total amount of cash banked during the reported period
- Difference from sales: This column shows the total differences or discrepancies that have been recorded. A difference is recorded when the 'Expected' amount does not match the 'Actual' amount recorded when cashing up.
- Closing: This column shows what the closing amount was for each payment type
Cash up detail
The Cash up detail report shows all the payments and refund payments that have been included in a cash up, making it easy to get an overview of what payments counted towards your cash up.