Note: To make sure you get the very best app experience, you'll need to have the latest version of IOS installed on your phone.
At the end of the day, you will want to make sure that what you have recorded in Timely, matches what you have in store.
To do so, you can perform a "cash up" to close the register and make a note of any differences. This will include any cash or card payments processed in store, as well as any custom payment types.
If you have an online payment gateway connected, this won't include any online payments or deposits.
The cash up process will also lock any full paid sales and payments that have been made that day. You will not be able to delete a sale/payment that is included in a cash up. However, you will be able to edit the individual line items, if required, as long as balance of the invoice doesn't go below the original payment amount.
- Head to the Sales tab in the iOS app.
- In the Cash management section, tap Close register:
- A window will pop up with the cash up process:
- In the Cash section, add the cash total to the Enter actual field:
If there is a difference, this will be highlighted in red in the Difference row underneath:
Under each of your other payment types, Enter actual totals in the fields provided. This will include any custom payment types you've created and used.
If required, add a cash up note in the field provided:
Tap Save to complete:
You'll be shown a summary of the cash up with the date/time the register was opened and closed, as well as Total expected and Total actual of all payments:
If you are using an EFTPOS terminal, then you will be able to print a settlement report to view the total transactions for that day.
- On your Tyro terminal, you can generate a reconciliation report which will give you the total amount processed on a given date: https://help.tyro.com/s/article/How-do-i-print-a-Reconciliation-Report-on-the-Terminal
- On your SmartPay terminal, you can generate a Settlement enquiry, which will give you the total amount processed on a given date. This can be found on Page 10 of Smartpay's User manual: https://www.smartpay.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/S300_Combo.pdf