Here's a little help to make the most out of your amazing machine.
In this guide we'll cover:
Processing a sale
Once your terminal has been set up and connected to Timely web, you can use it to checkout your clients. This is where your terminal really comes into its own, making this process super slick and simple.
- After selecting the correct products and services for your sale, you’re ready to process your customers' payment. Click the Checkout button to bring up the payment page.
- You will then see the new Terminal option and can select the Take card payment button to proceed with the terminal sale.
- Tip: You can alter the amount to charge the client in the amount box at the top of the screen or in the amount box after selecting the Take card payment button. This is perfect for those times that you need to do a split or partial payment across multiple cards or payment types.
- Once you’re happy with the amount to charge the client, select the Process payment button. This will connect to the terminal which will then beep and light up with the amount ready for the client to tap/swipe/insert their card.
- Once the payment has been accepted the terminal will beep and light up with a green approved tick. Select the Done button to continue.
- Once you see the sale complete screen, your sale is all done and dusted! You can then select the Email receipt button to send the client a copy of the receipt.
Tip: When not using your terminal, tap the power button once to put the screen to sleep. This will help the battery to last longer between charges.
Terminal beeps too loud? We hear you. See our Customising your Touchscreen terminal for more information on how to turn it off.
If you are having connection issues with your terminal, please see our guide on Troubleshooting your touchscreen terminal here.
Sending a receipt
Good news for the planet and you. Our TimelyPay terminals are paperless, meaning no more pesky paper rolls to refill.
Customer receipts can be emailed or printed by following the steps in our ‘how to send or print customer invoices’ guide here.
Issuing a refund
If you need to refund a payment that was processed in-store with your TimelyPay Terminal, you can do this by viewing the invoice in Timely. The best part is that the refund will go straight back onto the client's card without the need to use the terminal or have the card present. Just make sure TimelyPay is selected as your refund payment type when processing the refund.
- Firstly locate the invoice you would like to refund from either the appointment on the calendar, from the customer's profile, or by selecting View invoices from the Sales tab.
- Once you’ve opened the invoice, select the Issue refund button at the bottom of the screen, confirm the amount or service that you would like to refund, and click save.
- Next, select TimelyPay as the refund payment type, confirm the amount, and select the Refund payment button to process the refund. The refund will then be automatically applied to the card that was used in the original payment.
- TimelyPay supports issuing both full and partial refunds on the web and iOS apps. If you want to refund a partial amount, you can edit the amount of the payment to reflect how much you want to refund.
- Once the refund has been processed, this will be visible in your TimelyPay Transaction History.
- Your client will receive the funds from a refund in their account approximately 5–10 business days after the date on which the refund was initiated.
Tip: If your client doesn’t want the refund to go back to the original card they used, an alternative payment type will need to be used for the refund.