In this guide, we will cover:
- Where is TimelyPay available?
- What costs are involved
- Details we need from you in order to get started
- How to withdraw from TimelyPay
- What happens if you already have Stripe or another payment gateway
- How to refund from TimelyPay
- How to check transactions from TimelyPay
- Using TimelyPay in-store
Where is TimelyPay available?
TimelyPay is currently only available to customers based in: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
If TimelyPay is not available in your country, you can express your interest by emailing [email protected].
What are the costs involved for online payments? Are there any fees?
If you're on our Build, Elevate or Innovate plans, then there is no additional cost for using this feature apart from the transaction processing fees. The initial processing fees are:
- Australia: 1.75% + AU$0.30 per transaction for domestic cards and 2.9% + AU$0.30 per transaction for international cards
- Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain: 1.95% + € 0.25 per transaction for European cards and 2.9% + € 0.25 per transaction for non-European cards
- Bulgaria: 1.95% + ЛВ0.50 per transaction for European cards and 2.9% + ЛВ0.50 per transaction for non-European cards
- Czech Republic: 1.95% + 6.50Kč per transaction for European cards and 2.9% + 6.50Kč per transaction for non-European cards
- Denmark: 1.95% + 1.80kr per transaction for European cards and 2.9% + 1.80kr per transaction for non-European cards
- Hungary: 1.95% + 85Ft per transaction for European cards and 2.9% + 85Ft per transaction for non-European cards
- New Zealand: 2.9% + NZ$0.30 per transaction
- Norway: 2.4% + 2kr per transaction for Norwegian cards and 2.9% + 2kr per transaction for international cards
- Poland: 1.95% + 1zł per transaction for European cards and 2.9% + 1zł per transaction for non-European cards
- Romania: 1.95% + 1LEU per transaction for European cards and 2.9% + 1LEU per transaction for non-European cards
- Sweden: 1.95% + 1.80kr per transaction for European cards and 2.9% + 1.80kr per transaction for non-European cards
- Switzerland: 2.9% + CHF0.30 per successful card charge
- United Kingdom: 1.95% + 20p per transaction for European cards and 2.9% + 20p per transaction for non-European cards.
European cards are aligned with countries under the Single Euro Payments Area.
What you will need to get started?
- To get started with TimelyPay, make sure you have the following on hand.
Please Note: The Contact Name, Business Address and Business Details entered needs to match the supporting documents uploaded
- Your mobile phone to receive a verification code
- Your personal information: name, email address, date of birth, home address and phone number.
- Your company website or another relevant online link (like your Facebook page)
- Proof of identity:
- Driver's license
- Identity card
- Proof of address with your name on it:
- Utility bill
- Statement from a financial institution (like a bank statement)
- Letter issued from a government institution
- Drivers license (if this has not already been used as Proof of Identity)
- Identity card (if this has not already been used as Proof of Identity)
Check that you are using a Chrome, Safari or Microsoft Edge browser and your browser application is up to date, as Stripe’s upload tools may not work properly with older browsers.
If you are having trouble setting up TimelyPay and need further assistance, please email [email protected]
How do I withdraw payments from TimelyPay
By default, TimelyPay will automatically pay out settled payments (i.e. less processing/ application fees) to your nominated bank account every Monday. The payment transactions included in each payout schedule varies per country:
- Australia: Payouts are scheduled for release every Monday and contain payments processed 2 business days prior.
- New Zealand: Payouts are scheduled for release every Monday and contain payments processed 4 business days prior.
- United Kingdom and European countries: Payouts are scheduled for release every Monday and contain payments processed 7 business days prior.
If daily or monthly payouts suit you better than weekly, you can change your payout schedule as well as the most suitable day of week or month to be paid out on the Add-ons page.
Here is an example of weekly payouts for the UK and Europe:
Here is an example of daily payouts for the UK and Europe:
I already have Stripe - can I connect it to TimelyPay?
You cannot use your standard Stripe account to connect to TimelyPay because it uses a different version of Stripe account. To sign up with a new account, click the "Set up TimelyPay" button from the TimelyPay page and follow the on-screen instructions.
Can I have this and another online payment gateway enabled?
- No, you can only have one online payment gateway enabled at any given time. Activating TimelyPay will automatically deactivate your existing payment gateway, but you will benefit from managing all your bookings and payments in one place and your clients will still be able to continue using the most popular card types online.
What happens if I need to refund a payment from TimelyPay?
- Refund a Gift Voucher
- Refund a Voided Sale
Your client will receive the funds from a refund in their account approximately 5–10 business days after the date on which the refund was initiated.
How do I check transactions from TimelyPay?
You can view your transactions from the ' TimelyPay' tab under the 'Add-ons' page by clicking on the “View transactions” button.
From the transaction history page, you can view transactions from TimelyPay based on your payout period, a specific date range or a specific location (if you have multiple locations).
To learn more about the TimelyPay Transaction History page, check this help article.
Can I use this in store?
Yes, TimelyPay allows you to take payments against your clients’ saved cards at checkout. Any client who has saved a card will automatically have it added as a payment type at checkout!