To connect Timely online bookings to your Facebook business page and business Instagram account, you'll need to have these both connected in Business Manager on Facebook. You can find out how to do that here.
Your Instagram account must be a Business account. If you have a 'Creator' account, you'll need to switch this to 'Business' in order to use the Timely booking button process below.
You will also need to have access to 'Manage page' for both the Facebook and Instagram
In this guide we will cover:
- Connecting Timely to your Facebook Business account (this will connect Timely bookings to your Facebook page and Instagram profile)
- Disconnecting Timely from your Facebook Business account
- Testing out your call to action buttons
Connecting Timely to your Facebook Business account
To connect your Timely online bookings to your Facebook business account:
- To set up the Facebook/Instagram integration, head to Setup > Social media, and click Activate social booking buttons:
This will launch the Facebook setup wizard. Select the account you want to login with:
- Then click Continue:
- Select the assets you want to connect to Timely (make sure you choose your Instagram profile too!) and click Continue:
- Ensure ‘Manage business extension’ is toggled to YES, and click Done:
- You’ll see a success screen. Click OK.
- You'll be redirected back to Timely, and all the integrations will show as connected:
- Now you will need to go to Business app store and select Manage app connection
- Once you are here you should see that the Page action button is turned on, however, even though the default setting is toggled on, it may need to be toggled off then back on to appear.
Disconnecting Timely from your Facebook Business account
To disconnect Timely from your Facebook business account, simply click ' Uninstall all':
This will remove all call to action buttons from your pages.
Testing out your call to action buttons
Once the integration is all set up, new 'Book Now' call to action buttons will appear on your Facebook business page and Instagram profile.
Your Book Now button shows here below your cover image. When you are viewing your business page, click the CTA and choose 'Test button' to test out your online bookings.
When your customers launch a chat with you, they are able to see a Book Now call to action as below. You can also setup automated messaging to share your booking link with your customers.
Your Book Now button shows in the contact section of your Instagram profile. Tap Book Now when viewing your profile to test your online bookings.