When you setup new automated messages, like reminders and notifications, those settings will apply to all of your clients by default.
However, some clients may want to have different reminder or notification settings.
In Timely, you can update their individual settings to suit their preferences.
Edit a client's preferences
To make an adjustment to a client's preferences, you can edit their record:
- Head to the Customers tab and locate the client's record.
- Click the Edit in the top-right corner:
- In the pop up window, go to the Notifications tab:
- From here, you will be able to make changes to their settings for:
Note: Global settings must be enabled to make changes to a customer's individual settings. If you do not have a specific message enabled, then this can't be turned on for customer's individually.
In this section, you can choose what type of messages the customer will receive:
- SMS and/or emails for Booking changes (including confirmation and cancellations).
- SMS and/or email Follow-up email and SMS messages after their visit.
- SMS and/or email Rebooking reminders when they are due for their next appointment.
Check to box next to each message type to Enable, or uncheck to Disable. Click Save to apply any changes.
Most businesses will want to send an SMS or email reminder to customers before their appointment starts.
- You can update a customer's reminder settings for both email and SMS to an interval that is different from your default settings:
- Go to the Appointment reminders section.
- Under the email reminder setting, select the Use different interval for this customer option.
- Choose a different time interval (choose Never if you do not want to send email notifications):
- Under the SMS reminder setting, select the Use different interval for this customer option.
- Choose a different time interval (choose Never if you do not want to send SMS notifications):
- Click Save to apply.
You can decide whether or not an individual customer is included in your bulk SMS marketing messages.
Uncheck the box next to Send this customer SMS/text marketing messages? (see below) to remove them from the list of recipients:
If a customer ever replies "STOP" to one of your bulk SMS messages, then this setting will be automatically updated.