Consultation forms are a great way to get important information from clients and get their agreement on key policies and procedures. In this article we'll show you how you can add a consultation to your automated SMS reminder messages.
Important information: Timely has a number of premade templates that you can use, but if you'd like to you can set up your own form templates using our Consult iOS app. Read how to create your own template.
Adding a consultation to your SMS
- Go to Setup > Customer messages in the main menu:
- Click Add a new message in the top right corner:
- Select the Customer reminder option from the list:
- Select the SMS option. At the moment a consultation can NOT be attached to a reminder email.
- Tick the box that says 'Automatically send a Consult form with this reminder, and then choose from the drop down list which of your templates you would like to send out. You will be able to choose any of Timely's premade templates, or if you have shared consultations with your business you can use one of your own.
- Setup your reminder rules by choosing when you'd like to send your Customer reminders. There are two options - x hours before or x days before at x time. We recommend using the 'x hours before' option for the best experience for your customers.
If you choose the 1-day prior setting, then only bookings added at least 24 hours before the appointment start time will be sent reminders. If a reminder won't be sent on a booking, we will add an alert to the appointment's history. Check out our How to view appointment history guide for more information.
- If you'd like to send reminders to clients that have pencilled in appointments, make sure to check the box. You can also use two-way SMS to confirm appointments.
- Once your rules are setup, enter your SMS template. Check out our guide on customising SMS templates for more details.