This guide will cover:
- Timely and Shopify integration is available on the Elevate and Innovate packages only. This guide runs through how to upgrade your package: How to change your Timely plan.
- Please note, fulfillment of orders needs to be done on the Shopify side. You won't be notified in Timely when a client purchases a product online.
What happens when a client purchases a product?
When you have the Timely and Shopify integration setup and a client purchases a product at your Shopify store, we will bring that sale into Timely.
Client records are updated
- If the client making the purchase is already in your Timely system, we'll add the sale to their client record. If it is a new client, we'll create a new Timely record for them using the details they entered in your Shopify store.
- Sales will be recorded in the 'Sales' tab of their client account.
Reporting on Shopify sales in Timely
Any product sales that you make online in Shopify will sync over to Timely. This means that you'll be able to see your online sales in your Timely reports.
Follow these steps if you want to see only online sales from Shopify:
- Head to Reports in Timely.
- Navigate to the Transaction Summary report.
- Select the date that you're wanting to report on and click View Report.
- You'll be able to see under the payment types of the report that there is a payment type called Shopify. These are the payments that have come across from Shopify.
- You can then filter the report by payment type so that you can see all of the Shopify payments together.
How do I refund a Shopify purchase?
Refunds need to be done manually in both Shopify and Timely. Follow these steps to do a refund:
- Find the invoice in Timely that you want to refund.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Issue refund.
- Confirm details and click Save.
- Select Shopify as the payment type and then click Refund payment.
- You now need to go to Shopify and refund the sale there. Follow this guide from Shopify on how to issue a refund in Shopify.