How to raise a sale
This feature is available on our Schedule and Sell plan; everything you need to take your business to the next level. Find out how to upgrade in our How to change your Timely plan guide.
You can track your income in Timely by raising sales and applying payments. You can raise a sale from an appointment directly, but there are also a couple of other ways you raise sales.
In this guide, we'll cover how to:
- Raise a sale from the main menu.
- Raise sales from a customer's record.
- Raise invoices in bulk from the Sales tab
If you want to raise a sale from a booking, our How to check out a client guide steps you through the process. This includes how to edit the default details, add items and products, as well as how to redeem credit, vouchers or discounts.
Raise a sale from the main menu You can also raise an invoice for an appointment, class, product, gift voucher, package or customer credit from anywhere within your Timely account.
- Click the tag icon in the top left corner and select which type of sale you'd like to raise from the options. You'll be able to add any other items to the sale:
- You can then select the Location to assign the sale too:
- Select the client in the Invoice to section:
- Then click the Choose a service field and select a service from the list:
- If you'd like to add more services, click the [+ Service] button and select another service to add to the invoice:
- Or, you can choose to add + Product, any of the client's + Other appts or a + Package.
- Assign the appropriate Staff member to each item (this will assign the sale to that staff member in reports:
- Click Save to raise the invoice and apply payment.
This is perfect if you have a walk-in client, or if you want to quickly raise a sale from your current page.
Raise sales from a client's record If you are on a client's record and would like to raise a sale for them. You can quickly raise a sale for them, which automatically assigns the sale to their record.
- Find the client's record in the customer tab.
- Click on the [+] button next to the Sales section in the summary:
- Or, from the Sales section, click the New sale button:
Raise sales in bulk from the Sales tab If you don't routinely raise sales via Timely at the time of the appointment, or have missed entering a few sales in Timely, you can quickly raise sales and apply payments from the Sales tab.
- Head to the Sales tab on Timely.
- Choose a date range for appointments (to be invoiced) using the date selectors.
- Toggle the Create invoices option:
- Click View to see a list of appointments without sales raised.
- You can then choose a payment type for each sale and click Raise sale to record it:
- You can click the Custom option to make changes to the sale, or add any further items: