How to pause, delete and resend messages
Just like an email inbox, there are some other actions you can apply to a message:
- Send a reply.
- Resend a message.
- Delete a message.
- Pause a pending message.
- Mark a message as read.
- Mark a message as unread.
- View a related booking.
- View the client's record.
Send a reply When you are viewing a client's reply in the
SMS replies tab, you can quickly respond to their messages, via SMS or even email:
- Click Send reply next to a client's message:
- Enter the message and click Send:
Resend a message To resend a message to a client:
- Check the box next to any messages you want to resend:
- To select all messages, use the checkbox at the top of the column:
- Click the Resend message button:
Delete a message If you love an empty inbox, or want to delete a message that didn't send, you can remove a message from your history.
- Check the box next to any messages you'd like to remove:
- Click the Delete icon to delete the messages:
- They will be removed from your account and can no longer be accessed.
We advise against deleting successfully sent/received messages in bulk, as this allows you to refer back to client messages in the future.
Pause a pending message If you want to stop a message from being sent to the client, then you can stop all pending messages.
- Click the Stop all pending messages button:
- Any pending messages will be stopped. You can then select any messages you don't want to send and Delete them:
- Then Resend any of the remaining messages:
All messages will remain as pending for 10 minutes, by default. You can update this setting under Setup > SMS settings.
Mark a message as read or unread A message will need to be manually marked as read - this prevents messages from being missed by someone checking the messages and not responding to them.
- Check the box next to each message you want to update:
- Click the Mark as read button to show the message as having been read:
- Click the Mark as unread button to mark the message as unread:
Messages will appear as bold when they are unread:
View a related booking
- Click the View link in the Booking column:
- This will open the booking details in a pop up window:
View the client's record To open the client's record from the Messages tab:
- Click on their name in the Customer column:
- This will take you to the Customers tab, with their record open: