Sometimes you will perform or sell an additional service to a customer as part of their appointment. If this doesn't take any additional time, then adding the service to the calendar isn't always appropriate.
Likewise, if you have a customer pop in off the street who wants to have a service done, but doesn't want or need to be booked in, you can raise a sale for that service
Instead, you can add the service directly to the invoice when you raise a sale:
This feature may not be available on your current plan. Find out how to upgrade in our How to change your Timely plan guide.
For an existing appointment
- From the Calendar, click the appointment you wish to raise an invoice for.
- Click the Raise sale button on the appointment pop up:
- A new sale will be created which includes the appointment details:
- Click the [+ Service] button:
- Select a service from the list to add to the sale:
- Assign the appropriate Staff to each service (or use the Edit all option to assign them all to one staff member):
- Repeat for any other services you'd like to add.
- Click Save when you're ready to raise the sale:
For a customer without an appointment
- From anywhere in Timely, click on the sale icon in the top left corner.
- Select Service from the options listed:
- You can then select the Location to assign the sale too:
- Select the client in the Invoice to section:
- Click the Choose a service field and select a service from the list:
- If you'd like to add more services, click the [+ Service] button and select another service to add to the invoice:
- Assign the appropriate Staff member to each service (this will assign the sale to that staff member in reports:
- Click Save to raise the invoice and apply payment as normal.
Things to remember
- Walk-in services will be included in the Sales reports under "Walk-in service sales".
- Walk-in services won't be included in any Appointment reports, like the Day sheet or Appointment schedule.
- Walk-in services will be included in your Transacted sales totals on the Dashboard, but they won't contribute towards your Average appointment value.