Square is only available to customers in Australia, UK, USA, Canada, and Japan.
The integration between Timely and Square was deprecated in Australia on August 8, 2023 and is not available to new users there. For a better customer experience, we recommend using one of the TimelyPay terminals. They will give you everything you need to get paid and control your cash flow, all in one platform.
- Go to Setup > Sales Settings in Timely and select the option to allow iPad and iPhone app to pair with Square. Once this is done, Square will appear as a payment type.
Tip: You can access the web setup page in-app by tapping on Open the web version of Timely on the Settings tab.
- Download and sign-up for the Square app from the App store
- Open the Timely iOS app on your iPhone or iPad and begin your sale.
- When you select Square on the Payment screen, you will be taken directly to the Square Payment app to complete payment:
- Take payment. Once you complete the sale you will be taken back to Timely automatically.
Please note: Timely will only accept payment if the Square payment is successful.
Important information: At present we are unable to refund purchases through Square.