Important Note: Only available in New Zealand. The integration was deprecated on August 8, 2023 and is not available to new users. For a better customer experience, we recommend using one of the TimelyPay terminals. They will give you everything you need to get paid and control your cash flow, all in one platform.
In this guide we'll cover how to process payments from your Timely account via a SmartPay terminal connected to your iPad/iPhone:
Note: To make sure you get the very best app experience, you'll need to have the latest version of IOS installed on your phone.
Process a payment with Smartpay
Now that you've connected Smartpay, you will be able to select this as a payment type when raising a sale.
- Raise a sale as you would normally (Find out more).
- Tap Pay to open up the payment options:
- Tap Smartpay from the options:
- You will see a screen that pops up with the total:
- The total will then be sent to your terminal, where you can process the payment using the client's card:
- Once the payment has been successfully processed via Smartpay, the sale will show as Accepted in Timely:
- If the payment is declined or cancelled, this will show up as Cancelled in Timely:
- Tap Save once the payment is applied, then Done to complete the process.
Refund a Smartpay payment
If you need to refund a customer's payment at any point, that was processed via Smartpay, this can be done on the Smartpay terminal directly.
Process the refund on the Smartpay terminal
- On the terminal, press the power button in the bottom left corner.
- Press (1) to go to the Eftpos functions.
- Select Refund (4) from the options.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to process the refund.
Note: Integrated refunds are coming to Timely soon.
This will allow refunds to be processed through the Timely iPad/iPhone app and directly to the terminal without having to complete the manual steps outlined in this guide.
In the meantime, you will need to Delete the payment in Timely to remove this from the sale.