Note: To make sure you get the very best app experience, you'll need to have the latest version of IOS installed on your phone.
This creates a register for each of your locations, which can be opened and closed at the beginning and end of the working day. This also allows you to record petty cash expenses and perform a cash up.
You will need to enable cash management in the desktop version first, before this can be used on the iOS app.
In this guide we'll cover how to:
- Enable Cash management on the Timely desktop site.
- Open the register on the iOS app.
- Record a petty cash expense on the iOS app.
- Close the register (cash up) on the iOS app.
Enable cash management
When cash management is enabled, each location will have their own register that needs to be opened and closed each working day.
Note: Enabling cash management will require you to select a register for each sale, this will also apply to any other staff members that are currently logged in.
- Log in to the Timely desktop website on a computer/laptop:
- Head to Setup > Sales settings from the main menu:
- Scroll down to the Cash management section at the bottom of the page:
- Check the box next to the Enable cash management option:
- Click Save to apply.
Open the sales register
You will need to Open the sales register before you're able to raise any sales:
- Head to the Sales tab on the iOS app:
- Tap Open register to open the register for the day:
- You can then enter the cash float (what you currently have in the till):
- Tap Open to open the register.
Note: If you have multiple locations, then you will need to switch between registers to assign payments to the appropriate register.
Having an invoice assigned to a specific location won't automatically assign the payment to the same sales register. See below for more information on switching registers.
Record a petty cash expense
If you take money from the till at any point, then you can record that in Timely. Petty cash can only be recorded for today's date.
Our Record petty cash on your iPhone or iPad guide steps you through this process in more detail.
Close the register (cash up)
At the end of the day, you will want to make sure that what you have recorded in Timely, matches what you have in store.
To do so, you can perform a "cash up" to close the register and make a note of any differences. This will include any cash or card payments processed in store, as well as any custom payment types.
If you have an online payment gateway connected, this won't include any online payments or deposits.
Check out our Cash up from your iPhone or iPad guide for detailed instructions.
Note: The cash up process will also lock any sales and payments made that day, so they can no longer be edited or deleted.