Using custom Client Login links and buttons
Client Login has all sorts of great uses for you and your clients. You may want to help direct clients to relevant sections of Client Login so they can make use of these features more easily.
This guide will step you through the process of using custom Client Login links. We'll cover how to:
Find your custom linksBefore you can direct your clients towards certain parts of client login, you'll need to find your unique login links.
- In Setup, click on Online Booking
- At the top of the page, you will see three web links, one for Online Booking, and two for Client Login.
- Pick which link you would like to use, you can either direct clients to their appointments, or to their personal details
- Click 'copy' to copy the URL
NOTE: You don't need to have Online Booking enabled to use these links, any Timely customer can share these links with their clients and benefit from Client Login features.
Add to client messages Client messages are a great place to add a client login link. You might want to add a link to your confirmation messages asking clients to update their personal details to help with COVID-19 contact tracing. Your follow messages is a great place to add your appointments link to help clients rebook more quickly.
- In Set up, click Client Messages.
- Choose which message you'd like to add the URL to and click edit, or click 'Add a new message' to create a brand new client message
- Update your message to include your Client Login link. If you want to keep your message short you can use a URL shortener (see point 4 below)
- Step 4.
Add a custom button Custom website buttons are a great way to help visitors to your site find their information in Client Login. For example, you might want to add a button to your site that says 'My Appointments' so that your regulars can easily check on upcoming appointments and quickly rebook old ones. To add a custom button just link up the button to the relevant Client Login URL.
Shorten your URLCustom You may find that your Client Login URLs are too long to comfortably sit in a client message. The good news is that you can shorten your URL by using a service such as
TinyURL. Just add in your Client Login link and they will give you a much shorter URL that you can use instead.