Who doesn’t love a good unboxing? Once your shiny new terminal arrives, you’ll find everything you need - the terminal, a battery and charger - inside the box.
In this guide we'll cover:
- Unboxing your terminal
- Connecting your terminal to the internet
- Connecting your terminal to Timely
- When do I get paid?
Unboxing your terminal
Before you connect your new terminal to Timely, it’s best to insert the battery into the back of the terminal and charge to 100%.
- From the indented back corner take the backplate off of the terminal.
- Slide the battery into place making sure that the gold connectors of the terminal and battery are lined up. Then reattach the backplate by clipping it back into place.
- To charge, plug the charger into the port with the lightning bolt symbol and leave it to charge until the terminal is at 100% battery or for at least 4 hours before the first use.
- When you’re ready to connect, unplug from the charger and hold down the power button located on the right side of the terminal to turn it on.
Connecting your terminal to the internet
Once the terminal has been charged and switched on, simply follow the prompts on the screen of your terminal.
- Connect the terminal to Wifi by selecting the desired network, followed by the password. Next select the choice of language and country (e.g. New Zealand - English).
- The first time the terminal is turned on, you may be asked to update the device. If so, after selecting ‘update’ the terminal will take a few minutes to download the new software and will then turn itself back on.
- Once the terminal setup is complete, a three word pairing code will appear on-screen. This means the terminal is ready to register in Timely.
Tip: make sure the terminal is connected to the same Wifi network as the device that you are using Timely on.
- Wifi networks must be WPA-Personal or WPA2-Personal and password protected.
- Wifi is not supported for enterprise networks or networks without a wifi password.
Connecting your terminal to Timely
The big moment. Once your terminal has been set up, you will be able to connect it to Timely - they were made to be together!
- After logging in to the web version of Timely, navigate to the TimelyPay section under Setup and select Set up my terminal. This will display the below section to confirm the location where you will use the terminal.
- After selecting your business location from the dropdown menu, the address for that location should pre-populate and you can confirm the address is correct.
- If the address does not populate through, please input the physical address of the business that you will use the terminal at.
- Next, select your terminal type from the list, this should be the "Touchscreen terminal - BBPOS WisePos E".
- Next, enter the three word pairing code shown on the terminal. This should be three words separated by hyphens. For example: alpha-bravo-charlie.
- Next, enter a name for the terminal.
- The terminal name can be anything. Your business name, a description of where the terminal is located or just ‘super smart TimelyPay Terminal’ are some options.
- Lastly, select the Set up button.
- Woo hoo! You should see the following message to let you know that your terminal is ready to use.
- For more information on using your touchscreen terminal, please see our How do I use my touchscreen terminal? guide here.
When do I get paid?
The million dollar question! With TimelyPay, you get next business day payouts. TimelyPay terminal payments will be paid out along with the rest of your TimelyPay payments (deposits, cancellation fees, etc). You can choose your payout schedule which could be either daily, weekly or monthly. For more information on payouts and how to make changes to your payouts, please see our TimelyPay fees and Payouts guide.