Who doesn’t love a good unboxing? Once your shiny new terminal arrives, you’ll find everything you need - the terminal and charger - inside the box.
In this guide we'll cover:
Unboxing your terminal
Before you connect your new terminal to Timely, it’s best to plug the charger into the terminal and a power source to charge the terminal for at least 4 hours.
If the terminal does not power on automatically when plugged in, press and hold the top power button.
Tip: If you need to power the terminal off, press and hold the power button for three seconds, followed by the green enter button.
Connecting your mini terminal to Timely
Now that your mini terminal is fully charged, you can continue the setup in the Timely iOS app!
The Mini terminal connects to the Timely iOS app, so you’ll need to download that from the App store if you don’t have it already.
- Start by turning your mini terminal ‘On’ by holding down the Power button located at the top right corner of the mini terminal keypad.
- Then from the Timely iOS app, start by navigating to Settings and select Account settings.
- Next, select the TimelyPay section from the menu and select Set up my terminal. This will display the below section to confirm the location where you will use the terminal.
- After selecting your business location from the dropdown menu, the address for that location should pre-populate and you can confirm the address is correct.
- If the address does not populate through, please enter the physical address of the business that you will use the terminal at.
- Next, select your terminal type from the list, this should be the "Mini terminal - BBPOS WisePad 3" and then select the Set Uup button.
- Once you see the following message, select the Settings button to go back to the app settings
- You should now see the Terminal button in the settings. Make sure you have your mini terminal nearby and switched on, then go ahead and select the Terminal button.
- Your mini terminal should automatically show up under ‘Available terminals’ as a series of letters and numbers as seen below. Select the terminal from the list.
- Next you will see two bluetooth pop-ups. Select Pair in the first pop-up followed by Allow while using app in the second.
- If your mini terminal requires a software update it will start doing this now and display the following message.
- Once you see the ‘Connected’ status below, you can select the Close button to close the pop up.
- Woohoo! Your mini terminal is all setup and you’re ready to start taking payments with it! For more information, see our guide on processing payments with your mini terminal.
When do I get paid?The million dollar question! With TimelyPay, you get next business day payouts. TimelyPay terminal payments will be paid out along with the rest of your TimelyPay payments (deposits, cancellation fees, etc). You can choose your payout schedule which could be either daily, weekly or monthly. For more information on payouts and how to make changes to your payouts, please see our TimelyPay fees and Payouts guide.