Gift vouchers are an easy present and a great way that your customers can introduce their friends and family to your business and are a great income source for all businesses who sell them! With Timely, gift vouchers can be bought online, sent by email or printed out and given in person.
If you are based in the UK we advise that you also read our VAT and Gift Vouchers Guide
There are 2 types of gift vouchers:
- Custom amount gift vouchers: These gift vouchers have their value set at the point of sale. These are great for client's who want to purchase vouchers for specific amounts.
- Fixed amount gift vouchers: Think of these as a template of a voucher you wish to sell to your clients. Fixed amount vouchers can be given a name, a value and can be sold online to make it easy for your clients to buy a voucher for their friend.
In this guide, we'll show you how to:
Set up custom amount gift vouchers in your account
In Timely, you can easily sell gift vouchers on the fly. The amount of the voucher is set when you sell the voucher, but there are a few small things you'll need to set up first.
- Get started by heading to Setup > Gift vouchers. This is where you can edit the settings for your custom amount vouchers. To enable them, check the 'Allow sale of custom amount vouchers' box. You can even sell your gift vouchers online.
Once you've checked this box, some extra settings options will appear. These settings apply to custom amount vouchers only.
Note: We have introduced a new design selector feature, where you can now choose between 2 template designs that best represent your business!!
- Customise your printing preferences for the PDF voucher generated by Timely. You can choose to show/hide your business name, business logo and the link to online bookings. You can also specify a set of default terms that will be shown at the bottom of your vouchers.
- To preview the template of your custom amount vouchers, click 'See an example voucher'. Here's an example of how these vouchers might look:
- Once you've set up your preferences, click Save. Too easy!
Create a fixed amount gift voucher
Fixed amount gift vouchers are perfect for setting up vouchers for specific services, or for commonly sold amounts that you want to sell online. To set up a new gift voucher template:
- On the Setup > Gift vouchers page, click the Add a fixed amount template button.
- To set up your template, you'll need to add an Amount for the voucher, and a Gift voucher name. You can also add a SKU if appropriate, and a voucher Description. We have also introduced the Gallery/ Selector feature in the Fixed Amount Voucher setup, so that you can select the Gift Voucher template that best represent your business.
- If you're wanting to sell your vouchers online, you'll need to make sure you have a payment gateway set up. If you want to sell your vouchers online, check the Gift voucher can be purchased online box, and choose a location for the voucher sales to be attributed to (don't worry, it can still be redeemed at any location).
- Finally it's time to set up your gift voucher terms. Select if you'd like the voucher to be redeemable online, whether you'd like the price shown on the printable PDF, and whether you'd like to be able to void the voucher. You can also set up an automatic expiry date for this voucher template, which means that any vouchers issued will expire at that time.
- To preview the template/s of your fixed amount vouchers, click on the Preview button. Here's an example of how these vouchers might look:
Got your own printed Vouchers? No worries! Click here to find out how you can use your pre-printed gift cards with Timely.