If you have a long list of services, or provide a variety of different services, then you can group your services into categories.
These categories will shown online to help guide the customer through the selection process.
In this guide, we'll cover how to:
- Create a new category.
- Assign a category to a service.
- Change the order of services.
- Edit or delete a category.
Create a new category
- Head to Setup > Services from the main menu.
- You will see a list of your categories down the left-hand side. You'll also find your uncategorised services in the General section:
- Click the Add category button to create a new category:
- Enter a Name for the category in the field provided:
- Click Save to create the new category.
Assign a category to a service
- To categorise an existing service, click the blue Edit button next to the service.
- Or, when adding a new service, you will see a Category field:
- Use the Category dropdown to select which category the service belongs in:
- Select the category you want and then click Save to update the service:
This service will then be moved to the correct category.
Change the order of services
Your services will appear, both online and in the service selection field in the calendar, in the order that you see right here.
Services will appear in the order that they are added, but you can drag both services and categories to re-order them.
- Select the Category of services, or work from the General services.
- Click and hold on to the coloured cog next to the Service to select it.
- Drag the service to move it up or down the list.
- Let go when you are happy with its new position:
- Repeat the same process, clicking and dragging on the folder, to reorder categories.
Note: Services can only be ordered within their specific category. If you'd like to move that service to another category you will need to Edit the service to do so.
Edit or delete a category
If you want to adjust the name of the category, or remove it entirely you can do so.
- Select the category you would like to edit or delete from the list:
- Next to the category name, click Edit to adjust the name:
- Click Save to apply any changes.
- To remove, click Delete next to the category:
- Click Delete again to confirm the deletion.
Deleting a category will move all the services in that category to the General or uncategorised services list.