In this article we will cover:
- Requirements to use promo codes
- How to create a promo code.
- Usage rules.
- Applies to rules.
- Active dates rules
- How to activate or pause a promo code.
Requirements to use promo codes
The following requirements are applicable to use promo codes:
- Applying a promo code is only possible from the Timely web application by clients when booking online or by staff from the calendar or at checkout. Promo codes cannot be applied in iOS yet, but existing promo codes applied in the web application to a booking may be checked out from the iOS application.
- Business must be running new deposits, please refer to this guide to see how to change over.
How to create a promo code
- Head to Setup in the main menu and select Promo codes from the options:
- Click the Add new promo code button in the top right corner.
- Add a unique Promo Code (this is the code your clients will use online to redeem a promo code).
- Select a Discount type, the options available are either Percentage or Fixed amount.
- Add a Discount amount as a percentage or fixed amount that the price will be reduced by.
- Add Tax rate (this setting should match the setting used on your services).
- Add Usage rules for your promo code.
- Add Applies to rules for your promo code.
- Add Active dates rules for your promo code.
- Click Save to complete the process and create the promo code.
The following usage rules can be configured for a promo code:
- Maximum per customer usage.
- Maximum total usage.
- Minimum spend.
- Maximum total discount amount (optional).
Maximum per customer usage
You can specify the maximum number of redemptions a promo code can have for each unique customer. Once the limit is reached the code can no longer be applied to a booking.
Maximum total usage
You can specify the maximum number of redemptions a promo code can have. Once the limit is reached the code can no longer be applied to a booking.
You can specify the minimum amount spent in services a booking must have for a promo code to be applied. If the booking does not meet this value, then the promo code will not apply the discount.
Maximum total discount amount (optional)
You can specify the maximum amount in discounts provided before the code expires i.e. Promo code XMAS25 is a Christmas present from the business to their customers, giving $25% off until $1000 in discounts is incurred by the business against that code.
The following rules can be configured for a promo code:
- Specific staff.
- Specific customers.
- Specific services.
- Specific service groups.
You can specify if this promo code is available to service provided by all staff or specific staff only.
You can specify if this promo code is available to all customers or VIP customers only.
You can specify if this promo code is available to all services or specific services only.
Specific service groups
You can specify if this promo code is available to all service groups or specific service groups only.
The following date based rules can be configured for a promo code:
- Date range that client can enter code in while booking
- Date range that appointment must be within to be eligible
Date range that client can enter code in while booking
This is the date range a promo code must be redeemed against a booking in order to be applied successfully.
Date range that appointment must be in to be eligible
This is the date a service must be performed between for a booking to have a promo code successfully applied.
How to activate or pause a promo code
- From Setup in the main menu, select Promo codes from the options.
- You are presented with a list of the Promo codes you have currently setup.
- Select Edit for your promo code.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page. If the Active button is selected, then that promo code is active. To pause your promo code, select the Paused button.
- Inversely, if the Paused button is selected, then that promo code is in-active. To activate your promo code, select the Active button.
- Click Save to complete the process.
Note: Duplicate promo codes may exist, but only one unique code may be active at any given time. This allows you to reuse the same promo code across multiple campaigns once an existing campaign has ended.