Some Salon Businesses offer a fortnightly roster for their staff members and while this is not currently available within Timely, this workaround will show you just how simple this is to create.
For this example, we will use a staff member that alternates between a day shift and afternoon shift on a Monday. For a day shift, they work from 9am - 5pm and for an afternoon shift, they work from 12pm - 8pm.
The first thing that you need to do is change their Normal Working Hours in Timely from 9am - 8pm. To start with, head to
- Setup and then click Staff
- Click Edit next the staff members name
- Then scroll down to “Normal Working Hours and change the hours to the earliest start time, to the latest finish time and hit Save
Then head back to your calendar to the day that you have changed. On the week that your staff member works from 9am - 5pm, you create a Busy Period from 5pm to 8pm. This will stop the customers from being able to book your staff member between 5pm and 8pm on the weeks that they are working from 9am - 5pm.
- Click on the calendar at 5pm
- Add the duration, and give the busy time a name
- You then recur this busy period every 2 weeks with the “End” set as Never. On the Recurrence tab set the repeat to weekly
- Repeat every 2 weeks
- Ends never
**Timely Tip - if you staff member is working the same hours in a week, you can speed up this process by selecting the days that your staff member is working, and create more than one Busy Period by clicking on the days in the red section
Repeat these steps for the opposite week, where your staff member works from 12pm - 8pm, you create a Busy Period from 9am to 12pm. You then recur this busy period every 2 weeks with the “End” set as Never as before
Again, this will stop the customers from being able to book your staff member between 9am and 12pm on the weeks that they are working from 12pm - 8pm.
You have now created a Fortnightly Roster for your staff members!