There's nothing more frustrating than having a last-minute cancellation, especially if you have a bunch of clients who are waiting on available appointment times. Having a waiting list is a great way to fill up the calendar if those last-minute changes do occur.
This guide will cover:
- Adding a client to the waitlist.
- Removing a client from the waitlist.
- Adding a client from the waitlist to the calendar.
This feature is only available on our Elevate and Innovate plans; everything you need to take your business to the next level. Find out how to upgrade in our How to change your Timely plan guide.
Add a client to the waitlist
This section runs through adding a client to the waitlist.
- Open the customer sidebar from the calendar using the right-pointing arrow.
- Click the Add to waitlist button from the Waitlist tab.
- Clicking Add to waitlist will open a modal for you to enter your client's details. If they're an existing client, you're able to start typing the client's name. If they're a new client you can add in their details at this stage. You're also able to select what primary service the client would like to have an appointment for.
The Wailitst notes field can be used to record other important bits of information, such as when the client would like to have an appointment or if there's a specific staff member they'd like to have for example.
- Click Add and your client will be added to the waitlist!
Remove a client from the waitlist
This section runs through removing a client from the waitlist.
- From the customer sidebar, click the 'kebab' menu and select Delete.
- Confirm that you want to delete the waitlist item and your waitlist item will be deleted!
Add a client from the waitlist to the calendar
This section runs through adding a client from the waitlist to the calendar.
- Open waitlists from the customer sidebar.
- Click the Calendar icon next to the waitlist client you want to add to the calendar
- Click the time you want to move the waitlist client too.
- Clicking the calendar will open the appointment modal and give you options on adding extra services, selecting staff, and turning the booking into a recurring booking.
- Once you're happy with the service, click Save and the waitlist item will now be an appointment in your calendar!